Earn 435 points in
Every 500 earns $5
with an account
Every 500 earns $5
with an account
Construction: Balsa and plywood Wings: CenterCore Molded Composite Main Wing Rib maintains perfect alignment and includes a built-in aileron servo mount, wing halves are joined with a steel rod. Flat bottom high mount configuration One-piece, all wood precision airfoil with SpinControl Airfoil Extensions that provide lift even in a stall to keep the NexSTAR level and the pilot in control. PivotFlex Wing Mounting System fastens with one 1/4-20x2 nylon wing bolt (GPMQ4402),a rubber retainer and pivoting channel absorb minor jolts of normal use, more severe jolts cause the wing to separate from the fuselage and escape the full force of impact. Airspeed Restrictor: SpeedBrakes Training Flaps attach to forward section of wing near fuselage and hold airspeed to a minimum to insure smooth landings, removeable as pilot skills increase Covering: Polyester based heat shrink, color scheme is White and Red with Silver accents. True Red TOPQ0227 Landing Gear: Duraluminum SnapGear Quick Landing Gear Mounts, (US Patent #6,886,780) lock in place with a snap and provide the strongest landing gear of any trainer, also easily removeable Aileron Control: Requires single standard size servo, wings are built with dual aileron servo trays for future upgrades as skills increase, can also be equipped with flaps Tail Mounting: EasyAlign System guides parts into place automatically in perfect alignment without tools Building Time: Ready to fly in 3-5 hours Warranty Period: Hobbico guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at purchase date. This warranty does not cover any component part damaged by use or modification.
Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pre-bent main landing gear with three 2�" (70mm) foam main wheels, steerable nose gear, IsoSmooth aluminum and rubber engine mount, 9.1oz (270cc) fuel tank, 2�" (57mm) red plastic spinner pushrods, linkages, and photo-illustrated instructions
Radio: 4-channel Servos: Four standard size (1-throttle, 1-rudder, 1-elevator, 1-aileron) Engine: .46 cu in (7.5cc) engine (*see comments below) Model airplane fuel Building and field equipment Charging Rx and Tx batteries
- Wingspan: 68.75" (1746mm)
- Wing Area: 722 sq in (46sq dm)
- Weight: 6.5lb-6.75lb (2835g-3060g) ready to fly
- Wing Loading: 20-21 oz/sq ft (61-66g/sq dm)
- Length: 56" (1420mm)
- Airfoil: High-Wing
- Center of Gravity: 3-3/16" (81mm) forward limit edge at the fuselage sides
- Control Throws- Elevator: Up & Down 1:2" (13mm) Rudder: Right to Left 3:4" (19mm) Ailerons: Up 1:2" (13mm) Down 3/8" (9mm)
- Right Thrust Angle-3 degrees
- Down Thrust Angle-4 degrees wing respect to wing incidence
- OMMENTS: Wings are equipped with dual aileron servo trays if dual aileron servos are desired. If you wish to use flaperons you will need to upgrade your radio system to 6 channels. The instruction manual list parts needed and information to perform these conversions.
- The metal straps described on page 13 for the engine mount are not included with the kit.
- If a replacement fuel tank is needed, an 8oz (240cc) tank like SULQ1739 can be used. Some minor modification may be needed as this is not the exact shape of the original tank
- *Because the .46LA dimensions are different than a bearinged engine, it will not work in this plane unless modifications are made. You will need a different engine mount. Depending on which engine mount is used, you may need to add aprox. 1:4" to 3/8" plywood to the firewall to extend the prop forward enough to keep it from contacting the fuselage.
- *If a Tower .46 is being used, you will need to use an muffler extension. The Dubro 699 Muffler Extension DUBG1319 will work fine.